Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A MUCH TRAVELLED BUNNY


If he could claim air points this little Bunny will have done well.l as far as I have been able to trace he started his travels in America then popped over to England returning to America he moved around that country at least three times, then Annette of California Stitcher sent him to visit Bea in Canada, from there he came away down south to New Zealand. He is going to do a couple of more visits in New Zealand and will be ready to fly off again at the end of the month. If you would like to receive this travelling pattern leave a message on this posting.
 He comes with a selection of threads and bits he has collected on the way, I have however stitched him with silks from my odds and ends box. and plan to mount him as a fob on this green material.

 
 
Now some good news-
Pay it forward.
Pay It Forward (PIF)~ verb: "1. to repay the good deeds one has received by doing good things for other unrelated people
March 29th 2011 I announced who was to receive my PIF Challenge. The rules were that I had 365 days in which to fulfill my part of the challenge and will do my best to stitch pieces that are quite special and sent to 3 further people.. Then if you are chosen as one of my PIF recipients, once you have received something from me then you must offer the same on your blog to keep the kindness going.
Those following my blog will know that within a few months of that posting life here was turned upside down firstly with the flooded room that took some months to restore to normal and then by my husbands illness, unfortunately I have failed to meet the commitment of 365 days  but I  am pleased to say i finally posted out to two PIF's last friday so Mouse from Tales of a Stitching Mouse blog (U.K.) and Evelyne from EEF's needle blog ( France) watch your mail boxes.  hopefully these will arrive next week.
 
Lilian Pilar from Spain if you are reading this i would still like to send something to you but you have not answered my email asking for a postal address ..I will catch up with Diane from Didi's beaded goodies ( NZ) as she lives here in Stratford.
 Yes thats 4 not 3 but as I only had 4 replies how could you pick only 3.
 
Last weekend was IHSW and although I did not register this time i did manage to get a small piece stitched and mounted.. will share that at a later date as it is a birthday gift.
 
 
 
 
 

 

12 comments:

Evelyne said...

Hi Lee, very kind off you. I shell let you know when the postman arrived and leave the little present off you in my mailbox.

Have a nice week, Evelyne

Lelia said...

Good afternoon Lee, what a lovely bunny!!!! I'd enjoy stitching the bunny - when it returns to the USA ; )

I'd stitch, put on the blog, and let other needleworkers have the opportunity (after me)

Thx

Annie said...

The bunny is so sweet! I'd love a chance to host him for a bit.

gracie said...

I would love to stitch the bunny...it is fun to get and then send these charts off again!

Vickie said...

I love that little guy. He's already been to my house. =) Safe travels little one.♥

Mouse said...

hellooo :) the postie has arrived at the mouse house and I am gobsmacked at how beautiful and delicate it is ... I shall treasure it always :)
thank you so much it was well work the wait :0)
love mouse xxxxx
had to leave message here couldn't find your email DOH !!!

Annette-California said...

Oh he's so cute - Bunny. He looks very rich stitched in silks:) I look at my Bunny every day and still he makes me smile. He's been to my house to - Happy travels Bunny!
love Annette

Evelyne said...

Thank you so much Lee for the beautiful present.I'm very happy with it.

Have a lovely day, Evelyne



Karoline said...

Your bunny is very cute, congratulations

Lelia said...

Hi Lee: seems the little bunny is on route to ME!!! Looking forward to the mail + stitching this charming bunny ; )

Tricia T said...

How fun! I had lost track of the little bunny traveling pattern that started on his travels from my house. How amazing to think that he has been around the world!! : ) He is just adorable in silks!!

Tricia
The Stamper's Stitches

Anonymous said...

hi Lee!
I've seen the bunny chart hopping around the world ans I was guessing, could it come to Italy one day?
thank you so much for sharing, and let me say the bunny and hedgehog you covered with stitches.. wow, just wow!
happy xxx,
chiara